Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Amethyst healing properties


After starting my blog with a picture of an amethyst rose and then following up with chevron amethyst jewellery I thought I might give you a preview on amethyst and its nutritional and historic healing properties.
Amethyst is one of my very favourite crystals. I love its colour, forms and properties.
Amethyst has the chemical composition of silicon dioxide and is coloured by iron.
Amethyst is known for its healing properties particularly the sense of tranquility, balance, calm an protection. It releases tension and headaches, and encourages sleep for those suffering with insomnia.
Amethyst is said to assist with mental functioning and the transmission of impulses through the nervous system to the brain.
Amethyst strengthens the eliminatory organs, thereby enabling the body to cleanse the blood and body. It enhances the immune system, the respiratory tract, skin, cells, gastrointestinal tract and reduces bruising and swelling.
Amethyst helps retain hydration.

The minerals that make up amethyst and their nutritional properties account for the historical healing properties of amethyst.
You will find this and much more in my book "The Magic of Minerals in Crystal Healing".

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Crystals and Amethyst is a favorite of mine. Your Article was very helpful and it made me realize the healing properties of the Amethyst. Thank you.

Jeanette said...

I'm happy to enlighten you re the amethyst properties. It really is such a beautiful crystal.

daniele said...

Wow, who could have guessed all of amethyst's healing properties? Thank you so much for bringing all this info out into the public. Can't wait to get my hands on the book!

Jeanette said...

Mother nature does provide us with the most beautiful healing things. Amethyst being one of my favourites. It is my pleasure to share my research in my book "The Magic of Minerals in Crystal Healing". It is currently with the printers and I expect it to be available in around 2 weeks.
I will post here and let you know when it is available.

Joan Laine said...

Great article Jeanette.

I wish you much luck with your book, please let me know when its posted.

I am very, very interested in crystals. Will you be posting on different stones on a regular basis?

Jeanette said...

I will be adding crystal and mineral information from time to time. Please feel free to check back or ask questions. If I can answer them I will.
I'm not sure if we can get a chat box happening here or not.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Anonymous said...

Very good journey and experience!

Anonymous said...

Some truly quality content on this website, bookmarked.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues.

It was truly informative. Your website is useful. Thanks
for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What's up, everything is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information,
that's actually fine, keep up writing.

Anonymous said...

Some truly prize posts on this site, saved to my bookmarks.

Anonymous said...

I read this article completely regarding the resemblance of latest and
previous technologies, it's awesome article.

Anonymous said...

I really like your writing style, wonderful info, thank you for putting up :D.