Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lismore Gem Festival

Hello to you all. I hope all the mothers out there enjoyed mothers day.

This coming saturday and sunday is Lismore's Gem Festival. It is well known around the country as one of the best for its variety, friendliness and prices.
This year I've been offered a stall to sell my book The Magic of Minerals in Crystal Healing from. How wonderful. What better place to sell my book than a gem festival full of people interested in gems and crystals.
If your love of gems is as great as mine, you won't want to miss this show. Come visit, introduce yourself to me and I'll sign your book for you. I will be in the pavillion.
Ask me for a special festival price :)

I may even have some of my hand made jewellery there for sale.

Be well my friends. As always if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Does selectite feature in the list of crystals? I believe selectite can be used as a crystal healer to cure cancer.

Visit my site www.thecrystalhealingstore.com to get more information on Crystal Healing.

Jeanette said...

Hi Maggie,
I'm not really familiar with selectite. I've just googled it and find one site mentions it as having its base of quartz/chalcedony. Please give me some more particulars about this crystal & I can make a more informed comment.
My gemmology books do not show it either.
Selectite is not in my book but with more information I may be able to give you a more concise answer.
All the best Maggie.
Jeanette :)

Unknown said...

like you have not got much information except Selectite is a central prism covered all around with tiny Quartz points
I will keep on looking for more information, plus if you could to - If I find any more I will come back and comment - thanks so much Janet

Jeanette said...

Thanks Maggie, I'm always keen to learn more about crystals. There are so many different and intriguing mineral mixes and formations, learning will be never ending.
From what I found and what you tell me selectite will have the mineral healing properties of silicon, as well as its fromation properties.
Stay tuned and I will do a write up on silicon and the quartzes in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!